Subject: [amos-list] Re: TCP commands.
From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 18:06:22 -0500

From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>

On 07-Aug-99, Andrew Crowe wrote:
>How do I make it wait for someone to connect to you?

You would use inetd (part of your system in miami or whatever) and launch the
program that way, just like any other daemon. inetd will send the port info to
your program and you can read it using the Command Line$ instruction.

I've just started working on a Lunar Conquest INet version, so I'm wrestling
with the same problems.

>   I want to make it set up a server for people to connect to, but I can't
for
>the life of me work out how.

I just told you. You'll have to experiment with the arguments and see how it
comes through, but it should launch properly that way.

>Also, how would that affect multiple logins? Like, what would happen if
>someone was connected to it, and someone else tried to connect?

Well, if the data can be kept separate, compile the program with gui mode, not
amos mode, so you can run multiple copies.

Well met and godspeed,
                      Rev. Giark
                                             ICQ 12235820
                                          [email-masked]
                                     [email-masked]
                                      http://24.112.23.20/~giark/
                            .----------------------------------------------.
                            |      ______  ______    _____  Coming Soon!   |
                            |     / ____/ / __  /   / ___ \ ï¿½SoloTrek III  |
                            |    / /__   / /_/ /   / /  / /                |
                            |   / ___/  / ____ \  / /  / /  ï¿½Cap'n Bubba   |
                            |  / /     / /___/ / / /  / /   And The Nasty  |
                            | /_/     /_______/ /_/  /_/    Alien Menace   |
                            |    Fly By Nite Videe-Oh!                     |
                            |    Amiga 1200 030/50MHz 2Mb Chip 32Mb Fast   |
                            `----------------------------------------------'

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points, 
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR. 
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html